A&Z ‘s flagship brand, D-Cal, is a line of Calcium and Vitamin D Supplements. In many of our line extensions, we’ve included the Vitamin K1. Because we like you, our loyal customers, to know what’s in your supplements and why you should be taking them, we’ve put together the low-down on K1.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Vitamin K1 (phytonadione) is the natural form of vitamin K; it is found in plants and is the primary source of vitamin K that humans obtain through foods.
- It is an essential nutrient necessary for responding to injuries – it regulates normal blood clotting.
- Vitamin K1 keeps your own blood vessels from calcifying.
- Vitamin K1 is used in synthesizing proteins needed in the formation of bones and cartilage.
- It helps your bones retain calcium .
- It helps to keep your heart healthy.
- Interestingly enough, Vitamin K1 used topically has been used as a treatment for rosacea, in alleviating under eye circles, and diminish bruising and spider veins.
While vitamin K1 tends to be over shadowed by it’s counterpart, vitamin K2, we recognized it’s health benefits and added it as an ingredient in several of our products. A&Z is dedicated to researching and including the best ingredients in our formulations, because a healthy you is what makes us happiest!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This article/information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.